Terms and Conditions for Lifeline Customers
Starting on December 2, 2016 customers are able to apply monthly Lifeline discounts to Voice or Internet Service. A customer can only receive a discount on ONE option – phone or internet. The discount can also be applied to a phone & Internet bundle.
To be eligible for a discount as part of the Lifeline program a customer must meet one of the following criteria:
- Participate in Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) or Section 8;
- Participate in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps;
- Receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI);
- Have a household income that is at or below 135 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Participate in the Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Program
- Participate in Medicaid
- Receive Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Participate in Tribally-administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Participate in Food Distribution on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Participate in Tribal Head Start
If the customer applies the Lifeline discount to Voice Service they will receive a federal discount of $9.25 and a state discount of $3.50 on one residential exchange service, either premium or economy. Resulting rates are $12.83 for premium exchange service and $11.33 for economy exchange service. The Customer is also relieved of the requirement to pay the $3.00 Access Recovery Charge for a total reduction in their bill of $15.75. Both services provide unlimited local calling within their designated calling area. Customers pay for toll calls according to their chosen toll plan.
If the customer applies the Lifeline discount to their Internet Service they will receive a $9.25 federal discount on their internet service package. Broadband Lifeline supports internet service speeds of 15/2 Mbps or better where available.
To see if you qualify for a Lifeline Discount please call Customer Service @ 207-948-3900.
Optional Toll Plans
Call anyone anywhere in the US and Canada for only $38.74/ month. The UTalk bundle also includes premium phone service and two of our most popular calling features: Caller ID with Name & Number and Call Waiting.
One Flat Rate for all your in-state calling needs – Call anyone anywhere in Maine for one low rate. Premium phone service is also included all for only $28.74/month.
All America Plan
The All-America plan is only $4.95/month, with a low 7.9¢/minute rate. This plan is good for both in-state and out-of-state calling.
Statewide Calling Plan
One hour of in-state calling each month for $5.40/ month. After the first hour, you pay $.08¢ per minute.
Standard Long Distance Plan
The Standard Long Distance Plan has no monthly fee with a low rate of only 14.9¢/minute. This plan is good for both in-state and out-of-state calling.
If you wish to learn more about the lifeline program please visit the USAC website: